Data Protection Policy
This document (“Data Protection Policy”) is intended to provide information on how Floral Designers Society (Singapore) collects, uses, discloses, manages and handles personal data which is subject to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (“the Act”). Please read this Data Protection Policy carefully. By accessing our website, using any services provided by FDSS, signing up for any products and services provided by FDSS, submitting any information to us, or otherwise showing your agreement thereon, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to the terms of this Data Protection Policy.
FDSS reserves the right to amend, alter, change or modify this Data Protection Policy at any time without prior notice. Any amendment, alteration, changes or modification will be posted from time to time on our website. Subject to your rights under any applicable laws, you agree or shall be deemed to agree to be bound by any of such amended, altered, changed or modified Data Protection Policy by continuing to access our website, using any services provided by FDSS, signing up for any products and services provided by FDSS, submitting information to us, or otherwise showing your agreement thereon.
1. Personal Data
1.1. In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” means any data, whether true or false, which can be related to a specific identifiable individual, whether such individual is identifiable from the data itself, or from other information which is available to us.
1.2. Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1. FDSS may collect your Personal Data in several different ways. Please take care when submitting information to us, in particular when completing free text fields or uploading documents and other materials. Some of our services are automated and we may not recognise that you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or sensitive information.
2.2. Whenever you interact with FDSS, you may or may be asked to provide us your Personal Data. For example:
- when applying to our workshops, we may ask you to provide a range of information, such as your name, date of birth, contact details, interests and account and newsletter preferences;
- when you visit us at a public event, such as trade show or exhibition or participate in one of our surveys, competitions or prize draws, we may ask for information, such as your business card, name, contact details, interests and preferences;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
2.3. If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such Personal Data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the purposes as listed below.
2.4. You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
3. Purpose of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1. Generally, FDSS collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- managing the administrative and business operations of FDSS and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- organising promotional events;
- any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
3.2. In relation to particular products and services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
4. Disclosing and Transferring Personal Data
4.1. FDSS will take appropriate and commercially reasonable technical, physical, and administrative measures to protect any Personal Data it possesses or controls from misuse or accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, acquisition or access in accordance with the Act. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide services to FDSS;
- our professional advisers such as auditors, financial advisers and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom you specifically authorise us to disclose your Personal Data.
4.2. You consent and agree to FDSS transferring your Personal Data outside of Singapore for any of the purposes as listed above.
6. Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
6.1. If you:
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy or otherwise; or
- would like to make access or corrections to your Personal Data records, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org